A traveller's guide

16 July 2007

The Old School

So the other day it was time for another lovely oral exam. Everything started out fantastically well with me being called first of all. The teacher was sitting in front of the class behind a desk with an assistant who was doing her best to keep a low profile. Next to them, a few meters away another teacher was sitting with another assistant questioning students from another course. This means that the room was pretty full of students waiting for their turn to be called for questioning. The exam was about the history of party politics and the professor really tested me on every little detail and held me up there, in front of everyone else, for one hour in total. Afterwards I was so exhausted that I almost tripped when I was gonna go out of the room. During the questioning all the other Italians were extremely quiet (when did that happen last???) because they were listening to what kind of questions the professor was asking. Unfortunately that also means that they were listening to every word that I was saying as well. God knows what they were thinking!!!! All I was thinking was “Welcome fifty years back in time girl”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home