A traveller's guide

21 March 2007

The singing city

Today was a very strange day in that I met so many people who were singing to themselves on the street. Altogether they were actually three of them and all of them were walking on their own without any company. They were also quite young all of them and not very shy if I may say so since they were singing out really loud! One guy was really on fire and sang out something like “I’m noooooooot gonna beeeeee afraid anymore, noooooo, noooooo” which was very fun to listen to! He didn’t feel ashamed even when he noticed that I was standing just next to him watching him and just kept on singing. Well, this is just a weird country!

2 Comments:

  • At 13:26, Blogger Unknown said…

    I understand if you miss the utter silence that dominates public places in Sweden.
    I was once in Piteå for their annual festival, when stand-up comedian Björn Eriksson entered the stage and shouted out "HALLÅ PITEÅ!!". The crowd just shifted on their feet and didn´t say much. He then said, "Man kan tro att det är Autistiska Riksföreningens årsmöte..."

     
  • At 07:58, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Var är männen med dem vita rockarna när man bäst behöver dem:) hahhahahhahhahahah/Lena

     

Post a Comment

<< Home