This weekend has been totally crazy. It all started three days ago when I found myself locked out of the apartment without any keys and no cell phone. It was eleven o’clock in the morning and the plan was just to put some garbage bags outside the front door for the dustmen to pick it up. Of course the door slams closed behind me as I am putting them down and of course I’m in my pyjama which consists basically of a pair of grey jogging trousers and a red t-shirt that says “ciao ciao Firenze”. In other words the outfit of the day was a much laid out one since it was way too early in the morning! Now, what you need to consider is that I live (or did three days ago) in one of the main streets of Siena and that eleven o’clock is a very busy hour. Without the cell phone I couldn’t get my housemate’s number and the number of the landlord was as hard to remember. I ended up spending one and a half hour in our street dressed that fancy and then the landlord came by and unlocked the doors. When he approached me I almost threw myself over him overwhelmed by relief and happiness. Then yesterday I got a call from my housemate Sarah. She tells me that she’s been locked inside one of the university’s gardens and that there is no way out. Obviously she was sitting and studying in the garden when the reception closed and didn’t notice that everyone else was leaving. There was not much else to do than to run to the big square and hope to find a policeman who could assist us. After some time I finally found one and he called the headquarters right away and demanded backup. Obviously the plan was for the headquarters to get a hold of someone working at the University who could unlock the three (!) doors that were holding Sarah as a prisoner. As we are waiting for the “backup” to arrive Sarah panics a little bit and considers climbing over the iron fence that surrounds the garden and jump down the last five meters (!). After some serious negotiating I manage to convince her of that that was a really bad idea and that she should wait for the police to come. After one and a half hour the police arrived along with one of the personal of the University. Then finally Sarah was liberated! What a feeling! That evening we spent inside our apartment. Maybe it’s better never to go out again?!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home